Thank you for your interest in applying for a Park City Education Foundation (PCEF) grant. Please review the following information before completing a grant application to ensure you understand the eligibility requirements, expectations, and restrictions. Do not hesitate to contact PCEF staff with questions.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020:
- Due to the COVID-19 school dismissal, PCEF is adjusting our grant timeline. Please note that dates are fluid as we pivot our programs to best support teachers and students.
Maximum Award Amount is $45,000:
- Award amounts may be for the full amount or partial amount requested.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements and Expectations:
- Programs must meet PCEF's mission of funding initiatives that inspire Park City School District (PCSD) students to reach their academic and lifelong potential. PCEF supports the following areas of interest:
- Academic Success
- The Whole Child
- Programs must align with the Park City School District Strategic Plan and cannot be in conflict with programs previously or currently funded by PCEF. Applicants must complete their due diligence prior to submitting a grant application.
- Comply with PCSD policies, including but not limited to Idea Process, procurement, staffing/contracts, and technology.
- Proposals must be written and requested by a PCSD employee - faculty, administrators, or staff.
- The program idea must be the PCSD employee’s idea and not another organization’s program. PCEF cannot fund another organization’s program.
- The PCSD applicant must demonstrate a true need for the program. No duplication of services within a building, school, or site.
- Applications must have approval by the applicant’s supervisor (administrator, director, etc.)
- All grant applications and supporting documentation must be submitted through PCEF’s grant management portal (Submittable). Applicants will create an account in order to submit an application. Applications will only be accepted via the grant management system.
All grant application communications (including award and decline notifications) will be conducted via email.
- Please make sure you check your email in late June regarding award or decline notifications.
- If awarded funding, MUNIS code information will be emailed in July. This information is needed to make purchases.
Budget and Funding Term:
- All applications are required to include a budget.
- The budget should be reasonable and take into account unanticipated cost increases.
- If you are awarded funds, your program costs must stay within the budget submitted, unless you have additional funding sources.
- Funds will be available at the start of the new fiscal year (July 2020).
- The funding term for the grant is the 2020-21 school year. The funds will expire on June 30.
- Any unused funds will be forfeited unless arrangements have been made with PCEF Program Staff prior to the end of the school year.
- Keep in mind that the grant award is the amount that PCEF will contribute to your program/project.
If Awarded Funding, Grantees Agree to the Following:
- Programs must have at least one Program Manager.
- A Program Manager is a PCSD employee who is responsible for the grant budget, program implementation, and ultimately the success of the program.
- If the applicant is not the Program Manager, then the Program Manager must be listed in the application.
- Submit program documentation: photos, quotes, and/or videos for their respective programs.
- Complete a final assessment, report, or survey based on amount awarded.
- Previous grant recipients re-applying for grant funding must have completed the previous year's assessment or evaluation to be considered for renewed funding.
- Acknowledge PCEF support of the program. Responsibility of the Program Manger.
- Include the PCEF Logo on all marketing and promotional materials for their program.
- Share that PCEF funded the program in any written or verbal communications, including emails to parents. This also includes any media appearances or articles about your program.
- Grant award funds must go through the District financial system (MUNIS). Any funding requests must be aligned with District policy and procedures.
Funding Restrictions. PCEF Grants Do Not Fund:
- Stipends for teachers for work inside their own classroom during regular school hours.
- Reimbursement for materials/programs already purchased.
- Work visas or the visa renewal process.
- Speaker gifts.
- Field trips, travel expenses of any kind (lodging, transportation, meals, etc.)
- Uniforms, unless demonstrated to have a significant impact on the success of a program, which meets PCEF's funding guidelines.
- Capital and furniture items generally funded by the district (unless the budget item has been formally requested and turned down by the district.)
Possible Additional Funding
To increase the amount available to distribute through PCEF Granting programs, PCEF may approach donors to invite them to co-fund a limited number of grants. Applicants should be aware that their application may be shared by PCEF with these donors. Any applicant not wishing to have their information shared should contact Kara Cody at email@example.com or 435.615.0235 x4 or PCSD internal extension 1850.
PCEF Grant Process and Timeline (click link and review!)